Friends, there clearly is a war on trees happening in Brookyn Heights and DUMBO. Today’s reports from the Brooklyn Eagle regarding two evergreens put in “cement shoes” on Remsen Street and from the Brooklyn Paper of “artist” Olafur Eliasson’s continued NYC Waterfall attack on trees lining the Brooklyn Heights Promenade as well as trees at […]
Tag Archives | nyc waterfalls
As I snapped this photo on Sunday afternoon during a jaunt to the Pop Up Park, I thought to myself, “Geez that waterfall sure must be buggin’ the River Cafe folks.” Forgetting that observation instantly, I finished my watermelon juice and went home. Amazingly, the New York Post reports today that the wonderful NYC Waterfalls […]
BHB Photo Club Contributor Josh Derr shot video of the NYC Waterfalls from above. The result is quite fascinating. He writes: Personally, I find the view from above the waterfalls much more interesting than the normal views from down below. You can see the pooling area at the top of the frame, and the diffusers […]
BHB reader “BP” sent in this photo of the Staten Island Ferry cruising by the Brooklyn Bridge. We’re guessing this is a cruise to lookey lou the NYC Waterfalls, although we couldn’t find any info online about such an excursion.
There have been many opinions voiced here about Olfar Eliason’s NYC Waterfalls, the public art project on display this summer under the Brooklyn Bridge, on the Brooklyn Heights waterfront and at other locations along the East River. In general, the reaction from the BHB community has been that of disappointment. This despite the fact that […]
Good Morning America’s Sam Champion interviewed Mayor Michael Bloomberg and artist Olafur Eliasson this morning about the NYC Waterfalls art project. The falls officially go on display today. More waterfall videos after the jump.
Olafur Eliasson’s artificial waterfall positioned below the Promenade was operating this morning, well ahead of its scheduled June 26 debut. Above is a view from near the foot of Remsen Street, complete with rainbow.
The Brooklyn Heights side of the NYC Waterfalls project was tested today. Olafur Eliasson’s public art project goes live next Thursday. BHB Photo Club pic by Talkagan
- Open Thread Wednesday
- Tish James Endorsed by “Carpenter Rise” at Brooklyn Bridge Park Presser – NYC Democratic Primaries Today!
- Renowned Artist Fred Wilson’s Sculpture Installed at Columbus Park, Opening Reception on Tuesday, June 28 at 6:00 pm
- Doyenne of Brooklyn Heights Who Housed Women Seeking Abortions in 1960’s Featured in New York Magazine
- New Arts Center for Kids, Le Meraviglie, Opens on Montague St.
- Open Thread Wednesday June 29, 2022
- Renowned Artist Fred Wilson’s Sculpture Installed at Columbus Park, Opening Reception on Tuesday, June 28 at 6:00 pm June 26, 2022
- Tish James Endorsed by “Carpenter Rise” at Brooklyn Bridge Park Presser – NYC Democratic Primaries Today! June 28, 2022