You understand that BHB has no obligation to monitor any blog comments or other areas of the site through which users can supply information or material. However, BHB reserves the right at all times to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or governmental request, or to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that in BHB’s sole discretion are objectionable or in violation of these Terms of Service.
The RSS feeds may not be spliced into or otherwise redistributed by third-party RSS providers.
No content, including any advertisements or other promotional content, shall be added to the RSS feeds.
Images must be removed from open syndication feeds and commercial feeds (please contact Brooklyn Heights Blogfor more details)
Brooklyn Bugle Media LLC reserves the right to object to your presentation of the RSS feeds and the right to require you to cease using the RSS feeds at any time.
Brooklyn Bugle Media LLC further reserves the right to terminate its distribution of the RSS feeds or change the content or formatting of the RSS feeds at any time without notice to you.
Brooklyn Bugle Media LLC provides this content “as is” and Brooklyn Bugle Media LLC shall not be held liable for your use of the information or the feeds.
Use of a Site’s content, including text and images, on your site, or in print, is entirely at your discretion. Brooklyn Bugle Media LLC is not responsible for any complaints regarding content or images that you choose to display on your site or in print.
Terms of Service concerning comments.
Brooklyn Heights Blog welcomes our readers’ comments. However, Brooklyn Heights Blog is a private website, and we reserve the right to delete any comments we find offensive. We strive to maintain an atmosphere of free and open conversation, but inevitably, some user comments, will spiral off into negative sniping and flame wars. When this happens, we reserve the right to close the posts to further comments. If a commenter repeatedly abuses our comment policy, we delete all of their comments on every post on the site, and ban their IP address.
In order to make our comments useful and interesting, the following guidelines have been established for comment users:
- Do not post threatening, harassing, defamatory, or libelous material.
- Do not intentionally make false or misleading statements.
- Do not offer to sell or buy any product or service. This includes shilling or spamming for your own business.
- Do not post material that infringes copyright.
- Do not post information that you know to be confidential or sensitive or otherwise in breach of the law. “Sensitive” information includes, but is not limited to, information about individuals other than the commenter such as residence or e-mail addresses, or telephone numbers. This prohibition applies whether or not the information is otherwise publicly available (for example, in a telephone directory or through a “people finder” website) and whether or not the commenter believes the individual whose information is sought to be disclosed is a “public figure.” Such information may be included in a comment if the individual to whom such information pertains has expressly agreed to allow the commenter to disclose it in a public forum.
- Keep all comments relevant to the particular Brooklyn Heights Blog story where the comment is being posted.
- Commenting on businesses in which your or a friend have a financial interest: You must disclose this fact. BHB will moderate comments that are “shilling” for a business — the practice of posing as a happy, satisfied customer of an establishment who wants to tell everyone how great that business is and how everyone should go there. If a business owner wants to post in a thread relevant to their business they must disclose that they are the owner or a friend or relative of the owner. Even if you are a well meaning business owner, friend or relative of a business owner failure to disclose your interest in a comment will do more harm that good for that business.
- Posting under more than two usernames repeatedly will lead to your comments automatically being placed into moderation.
- Brooklyn Heights Blog will not accept responsibility for the content of user comments.
If Brooklyn Heights Blog receives notice that a comment post is not in keeping with these terms and conditions or the intended use of the comments, we reserve the right to remove that comment posting. The removal of any comment shall be solely at the discretion of Brooklyn Heights Blog.
You may be placed in our moderation cue or banned permanently if your comments are are mostly self-promotional or for the purpose of self-promotion (making lame comments and having your name link back to your business website for instance), obnoxious, beating a dead horse or plain boring. There will be no warning and no appeal. [Guide to good commenting]
We reserve the right to contact you via the email address you have provided when making a comment to clarify or attain additional information on stories we deem to be newsworthy.
Brooklyn Heights Blog (BHB) will never share your personal information with marketers.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address, or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
BY CONTINUING TO USE BHB, YOU AGREE TO ABIDE BY THE TERMS OF THIS AGREEMENT.