The New York Post reports that City Council Member Stephen Levin (photo) has called a proposal to temporarily re-route the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway over the berms on the eastern edge of Brooklyn Bridge Park during reconstruction of the cantilevered portion under Brooklyn Heights, instead of putting it on an elevated six lane highway that would replace the Brooklyn Heights Promenade for at least six years, “definitely worth exploring” The same Post story quotes Mayor de Blasio as saying that plan “is worth considering.”
Mayor de Blasio Open to Alternative BQE Plan Levin Says “Worth Exploring”
Connect with BHB
- Missing Part of Brooklyn Bridge Park to be Completed Starting This Fall
- Willow Street Added to List of “Open Streets.”
- Some Heights Residents Slow on Census Response
- Brooklyn Historical Society Provides On Line Brain Food at Lunchtime
- Zoom Chat with Brooklyn Heights Preservation Pioneers the Pearsalls and Preservation Advocate Anthony Wood Wednesday Afternoon
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.