The New York Post reports that City Council Member Stephen Levin (photo) has called a proposal to temporarily re-route the Brooklyn-Queens Expressway over the berms on the eastern edge of Brooklyn Bridge Park during reconstruction of the cantilevered portion under Brooklyn Heights, instead of putting it on an elevated six lane highway that would replace the Brooklyn Heights Promenade for at least six years, “definitely worth exploring” The same Post story quotes Mayor de Blasio as saying that plan “is worth considering.”
Mayor de Blasio Open to Alternative BQE Plan Levin Says “Worth Exploring”
Connect with BHB
- Aarti, Hindu Lamp Ceremony, at Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday
- Nick Balaban Sings and Plays at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
- “Night Out” Presented by 84th Precinct Community Council Tuesday
- Ready for Some Kora Music? St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
- Three Public Art Installations at Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Nick Balaban Sings and Plays at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday July 31, 2021
- Aarti, Hindu Lamp Ceremony, at Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday August 1, 2021
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.