The New York Times reports today, that SUNY will present a plan to sell Long Island College Hospital to a developer who would turn much of the property into condos. This is not a shock to anyone reading between the lines in the long SaveLICH drama. Last month, SUNY Board Chairman Carl McCall told attendees […]
Tag Archives | savelich
This dispatch just in from Mickey Green and the NYS Nurses Association:
The Brooklyn Eagle reports on the latest round in the SaveLICH saga. Kings County Supreme Court Justice Carolyn Demarest granted Public Advocate/ mayoral candidate Bill de Blasio a seat at the “intervenor” table in determining the next operator of Long Island College Hospital. He joins the Brooklyn Heights Association, the Cobble Hill Association, the Riverside […]
As the fight to #SaveLICH continues, the Concerned Physicians of LICH are asking supporters for donations so that they may contnue their legal battle to save the hospital.
Supreme Court Justice Johnny Lee Baynes has ordered SUNY to restore servies at LICH to the levels they were at on July 19. Baynes also said he would name an ombudsman for the hospital and added that the armed and unarmed guards SUNY has employed to patrol the grounds must go.
NYC Public Advocate and Democratic candidate for mayor Bill DiBlasio tweeted out a map detailing the impact on door-to-ER travel time if Long Island College Hospital shuts down permanently. In the words of a #SaveLICH demonstrator recently, “don’t get sick in this part of Brooklyn.” Why #SaveLICH? Here's a look at the before & after […]
Bill de Blasio’s trip to court today was successful. Justice Johnny Lee Baynes, who issued the original temporary restraining order barring SUNY Downstate from going ahead with its plan to close Long Island College Hospital, today issued another TRO in response to de Blasio’s petition. The order commands SUNY to appear in court on July […]
Update: We now have word that the state Department of Health has approved SUNY’s application to close LICH. See the official letter here.
The latest LICH news—that patients will start to be moved today, with the plan of moving them all by this weekend—was met with chants of “Shame on Cuomo!” “Shame on SUNY!” and “Save our hospital!” A nurse I spoke with (who asked not to be named) said, “There are four ambulances sitting here that can’t […]
Our Heather Quinlan is on scene now. DEVELOPING…
— Stephen Levin (@StephenLevin33) July 18, 2013
- Open Thread Wednesday
- Tish James Endorsed by “Carpenter Rise” at Brooklyn Bridge Park Presser – NYC Democratic Primaries Today!
- Renowned Artist Fred Wilson’s Sculpture Installed at Columbus Park, Opening Reception on Tuesday, June 28 at 6:00 pm
- Doyenne of Brooklyn Heights Who Housed Women Seeking Abortions in 1960’s Featured in New York Magazine
- New Arts Center for Kids, Le Meraviglie, Opens on Montague St.
- Open Thread Wednesday June 29, 2022
- Renowned Artist Fred Wilson’s Sculpture Installed at Columbus Park, Opening Reception on Tuesday, June 28 at 6:00 pm June 26, 2022
- Tish James Endorsed by “Carpenter Rise” at Brooklyn Bridge Park Presser – NYC Democratic Primaries Today! June 28, 2022