As the photo shows, racks for the Citi Bike Share program have been placed along the west side of Hicks Street going south from Montague, in front of Heights Cafe, Dellarocco’s, and J McLaughlin. According to BHB Ten 2012 honoree Sahmi Rum, who mourns the loss of parking spaces, the racks were moved from Remsen Street because of complaints from residents of 60 Remsen, at the corner of Hicks and across the street from the racks’ previous location. As the photo below shows, that stretch of Remsen is now bike rack free.
Bike Rack Switcheroo: Remsen to Hicks
Connect with BHB
- Nick Balaban Sings and Plays at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
- “Night Out” Presented by 84th Precinct Community Council Tuesday
- Ready for Some Kora Music? St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
- Three Public Art Installations at Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Violinist Molly Fletcher at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- “Night Out” Presented by 84th Precinct Community Council Tuesday July 29, 2021
- Nick Balaban Sings and Plays at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday July 31, 2021
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.