The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn at 118 Henry Street, gets a loving look from Brownstoner as a recent Building of the Day. The congregation was founded in March 1822, while the beautiful Gothic Revival church, designed by architect William B. Olmsted, was built in 1846. It intersects Clark Street and Love Lane. Much more here.
Henry Street’s First Presbyterian Church Gets Loving Historical Look
Connect with BHB
- Delivery Bikers Assaulted at Henry and Remsen
- Opening of New Brooklyn Heights Public Library Delayed Until Summer ’21
- Pastoring During a Pandemic: An Interview with Rev. Adriene Thorne of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn
- Zoom Chat with Brooklyn Heights Preservation Pioneers the Pearsalls and Preservation Advocate Anthony Wood Wednesday Afternoon
- Inside the Hotel Bossert with Montague BID
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.