“Hotel St. George, Brooklyn, circa 1900-1906.” Plus a ghost or two in this time exposure of the hotel’s Clark Street facades. This Brooklyn Heights landmark, which by the 1930s was New York’s largest hotel, with 2,632 rooms in a complex of buildings spread over a block, started with the 10-story dark brick structure, completed in 1885. After more than a century, it was destroyed by fire in 1995. The adjoining white building with the flagpoles, designed by Montrose Morris in the 1890s, still stands.
A ridiculously clear and large version of the photo above is available here.