Karl and cam were on hand for the opening of the “pop-up-pool” (expected to stay popped up for five years) near Pier 2 in Brooklyn Bridge Park. Following the brief opening remarks by State Senator Daniel Squadron and City Council Member Steve Levin, swimmers eagerly jumped into the water to escape the rising temperature. Eventually, Mr. J. himself couldn’t resist the pool’s allure, and entrusted his cam to someone who caught him emerging from the water. Video after the jump.
Mr. J. Takes the Plunge at the BBP Pool
Connect with BHB
- Car Crashes Into Lamp Post on Montague St. – Pedestrians Spared, The Lamp Post Not So Much
- Cuomo Counsel: Ask and You Shall Receive Design/Build for BQE
- NYC DOT Engineer Says Keeping Traffic Off Brooklyn Heights Streets High Priority
- Theater 2020’s Assassins, at St. Francis, Hits the Mark
- PS8 Camp Expo This Saturday
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.