Le Petit Marche may re-open before Thanksgiving, owner Daniella Silone told BHB tonight.
Silone said that last week’s closing by the DOH following three failed inspections since August was a “tremendous setback.”
“We were not prepared for this,” she said. “This is breaking my heart that this is happening.”
Silone said she was hoping to re-open the three-year-old restaurant as soon as possible, hopefully either tomorrow evening or Wednesday, pending another re-inspection from the city. The restaurant failed its first re-inspection effort today.
She declined to comment on the clerical error sign the restaurant posted above the closed DOH sign over the weekend.
“We’re very sorry,” she said. “I hope people don’t forsake us.”