After 42 years in business, the Montemarano family and Cranberry’s say so long to Brooklyn Heights. Cranberry’s posted the announcement yesterday on its doors, along with loving messages to its customers and employees, and photographs from its decades in business. The message to customers reads: Since 1977, Cranberry’s has served the Brooklyn Heights neighborhood with […]
Tag Archives | jim montemarano
Cranberry’s Says So Long to Brooklyn Heights After 42 Years in Business
What Will “Seedlings” on Henry Street Be?
Our man with a cam, Karl Junkersfeld, has prodded and probed his North Heights sources – including building owner Jim Montemarano – on what the new establishment at 37 Henry Street will be. All we know is that it will be named “Seedlings”.
Cranberry’s Owner Talks to Fox 5 in Brooklyn Heights
Fox 5’s Good Day NY reported this morning on how some restaurants in the city aren’t posting their newly minted DOH grades properly. And since it’s TV they have to do a standup somewhere – they chose Henry Street’s “Restaurant Row.” All establishments on the block, between Cranberry and Middagh, are complying with the law. […]
The BHB Ten 2009
Here they are: the BHB Ten for 2009. Your recommendations and suggestions influenced this year’s list of Brooklyn Heights’ movers and shakers. This year’s members represent new trends in thought, community leadership, the arts and charitable giving. We look forward to their contribution to our neighborhood, our city, our country and the world for […]
Sidewalk seating at Heights Wine Bar
First restaurateurs Mark Lahm and Jim Montemarano brought back the wine bar at 50 Henry St., and now they’re applying for sidewalk seating! The new Brooklyn Heights Wine Bar filed the sidewalk café application with Community Board 2’s transportation committee this month, and will present its plans at the committee’s meeting on June 16. Lahm […]
Brooklyn Heights Wine Bar to open in 3 weeks!
The owners of the new Brooklyn Heights Wine Bar were out this morning putting final touches on their new space at 50 Henry St., and owner Mark Lahm said the spot will be open within the next three weeks. “We wished we could have opened earlier, but there were things out of our control,” Lahm […]
- Spring Bird Walk with Heather Wolf This Coming Saturday
- Another Last Minute Suggestion: Grace Chorale’s “We Will Rise” at St. Ann’s Church Sunday Afternoon
- Thieves Pilfering Checks From Mailboxes Using Mouse Glue Traps
- A Last Minute Suggestion for Parents: Kids’ Craft Workshop at Brooklyn Women’s Exchange Sunday
- Subway Service Alerts: Brooklyn Heights and Nearby
Buy all your favorite AMAZON products via the BHB Store. Click here to get started.
- Thieves Pilfering Checks From Mailboxes Using Mouse Glue Traps March 24, 2023
- Another Last Minute Suggestion: Grace Chorale’s “We Will Rise” at St. Ann’s Church Sunday Afternoon March 24, 2023
- Spring Bird Walk with Heather Wolf This Coming Saturday March 26, 2023