The Park Plaza Restaurant was once-bustling with attorneys, courthouse, and Office of Emergency Management employees, college students, and regulars from the neighborhood. For many, the family-run Park Plaza was a second dining room where patrons and staff alike knew one another’s names. Brooklyn Borough President, Eric Adams frequently held meetings with constituents at a coveted corner table. Children […]
Tag Archives | Eric Adams
Borough President Eric Adams has launched Dine In Brooklyn a restaurant-week style program featuring $28 Prix Fixe dinners, $15 two-course lunches and $12 brunches at eateries throughout Brooklyn. The program launched on March 20th and runs through Thursday, March 30th. Dine in Brooklyn celebrates the five-star flavors that make Brooklyn a ‘must-taste’ destination. Our restaurants […]
BHB spoke recently with Borough President Eric Adams, Alexandra Bowie, President of the Brooklyn Heights Association, Emma Woods, spokeswoman for the Brooklyn Public Library and Michael White of the Brooklyn Heights-based public watchdog Citizens Defending Libraries regarding the proposed sale to developers of the BPL branch at Cadman Plaza. At a reporters’ roundtable attended by […]
For those of you who may have been thinking – “what’s that Eric Adams up to” comes at least one answer. He’s going green! We received this presser Sunday afternoon announcing the Beep’s plan to make Borough Hall a LEED certified building.
As we noted earlier, this year’s Promenade Christmas tree lighting will be the Wednesday after next, December 18, at 5:30 p.m. at the Montague Street entrance to the Promenade. Following the lighting ceremony (Marty Markowitz has been a faithful attendee; will Beep-to-Be Eric Adams be there this year?) the Grace & Spiritus Chorale will lead […]
Advertise on BHB
- Juneteenth Celebration at Cadman Plaza Park Saturday
- “Celebrate Summer” at Pierrepont Playground Wednesday
- Fourth of July Fireworks Back, but Not Easily Visible from Brooklyn Heights
- Grace Chorale of Brooklyn and Apollo Chorus of Chicago Present Premiere On-Line Performance of “Epitaph for Eugene Williams” Sunday Evening
- Brass Bands Festival in Brooklyn Bridge Park Sunday
- Fourth of July Fireworks Back, but Not Easily Visible from Brooklyn Heights June 12, 2021
- “Celebrate Summer” at Pierrepont Playground Wednesday June 12, 2021
- Juneteenth Celebration at Cadman Plaza Park Saturday June 13, 2021
Get BHB in your inbox everyday. Enter your email below.