Your correspondent went to the Promenade to view an especially glorious sunset when a BHB reader pointed out to him that people were streaming along the path in Brooklyn Bridge Park below, headed to the Joralemon Street exit. Pier 2 had been shut down again. A police boat was nestled next to the pier (photo). We don’t yet know what precipitated this, but when we know more, we’ll give you an update.
Pier 2 Evacuated…Again
Connect with BHB
- Vineapple’s Grand Reopening Today!
- Pastoring During a Pandemic: An Interview with Rev. Adriene Thorne of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn
- A Day to Celebrate: Scenes from Day 1 of Phase 2 in Brooklyn Heights
- “Juneteenth Grove” Installed at Cadman Plaza Park as NYC Parks Declares Solidarity with Black Communities
- Coming at Brooklyn Historical Society
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.