Lightning is said not to strike the same place twice, but the Brooklyn Federal Courthouse, at Tillary Street and Cadman Plaza East, has twice this month received envelopes containing white powder. According to the Daily News, the second envelope arrived Wednesday afternoon and white powder came out after a courthouse employee opened it in a loading dock. The previous incident hapened on Tuesday, May 7, and led to an evacuation of the Courthouse. According to the Daily News that envelope contained a note saying “This is anthrax.” The News also both envelopes were mailed by inmates in federal prisons, and that the incidents are not thought to be related.
Brooklyn Federal Courthouse Target of Second “Anthrax” Letter
Connect with BHB
- Montague Street Businesses Show the Love with Instagram Contest, Giveaways
- Theater 2020 Presents Into the Woods at St. Francis February 21 – March 17
- Incident At Clark Street And Columbia Heights This Afternoon
- Brooklyn Only Foods Opens on Henry St. (With a Speakeasy Entrance to As Of Now Gallery)
- Levin: “[T]here Has to be a Better Way” for BQE Repair
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.