When I lived across the great water, on that island to our west, there were pizza places called Ray’s, Original Ray’s, Real Ray’s, Honest-to-God Ray’s, etc. Here in Brooklyn Patsy Grimaldi had Patsy’s, then Grimaldi’s, and now Julianna’s, named for Patsy’s mom. Julianna’s occupies the former Grimaldi’s space on Old Fulton Street in the Fulton Ferry Historic District and a new Grimaldi’s (Patsy sold the name) is at the corner of Front and Old Fulton streets, that once was a bank, then an upscale restaurant, then a Latin themed night club. Mr, J. was at Julianna’s with his cam, saw Patsy and his wife, and got video of them teaching some tourists how to eat pizza the Brooklyn way.
Karl Visits Julianna’s
Connect with BHB
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday September 28, 2016
- “Queen of Brooklyn Heights Houses” For Sale September 28, 2016
- Coming Events at Brooklyn Bridge Park September 27, 2016
- Cranberry Street Fair Saturday September 28, 2016
- Bargemusic This Weekend September 28, 2016
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.