This week, I’m going to concentrate on two places where there’s particularly intense activity.South end of Pier 1, Tuesday, September 1, 2009. South end of Pier 1, Tuesday, September 8, 2009. The deck has been removed from the southwest corner of the pier, exposing the pilings below. eventually, this will be done to the entire southern portion of the pier. More photos and text follow the jump. Tuesday, September 8. There’s excavation on the landward side of the southern end of Pier 1. Pier 6, Tuesday, September 1. Pier 6, Tuesday, September 8. Check the close-ups below for a better view of the action: Tuesday, September 1. Tuesday, September 8. Looks like a sports or entertainment complex taking shape.
Park progress: Twenty Seventh Report
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.