According to a West Bank-based Israeli media network, protests against Ricky’s sale of West Bank-made products have been a boon for the store and for Ahava, the manufacturer. IsraelNationalNews.com: A Brooklyn-based group trying to convince locals to boycott Israeli-made Dead Sea skin care products has managed to promote the region and boost the company’s business […]
Tag Archives | ricky’s
Israeli Media Network Claims Ricky’s Protests Boost Sales
Another Ricky’s Boycott Protest on Montague St.
Approximately 20 activists protested Ricky’s yesterday evening on Montague Street, some waving Palestine flags, and holding signs encouraging boycott of an Israeli-made cosmetics company called Ahava whose products are carried by the store. Video after the jump.
Rabbi Urges Fair Shake in Ahava “Controversy”
At Room Eight, Rabbi Serge Lippe of Brooklyn Heights Synagogue posts the full text of an email sent out by Kane Street Synagogue’s Rabbi Samuel Weintrob about the recent protest at Ricky’s on Montague Street by Brooklyn for Peace, inspired by Code Pink’s campaign against Israeli cosmetic company Ahava. The full text after the jump.
Protest at Ricky’s Draws Attention
The Brooklyn Paper reports on a protest by members of anti-war group Code Pink at Ricky’s on Montague Street Friday: Brooklyn Paper: The centuries-old Middle East conflict turned into a bizarre form of mud-slinging on quiet Montague Street on Friday when protesters demanded that the Ricky’s cosmetics shop stop selling a dirt-based cosmetic that, apparently, […]
The Great Montague Street Pumpkin, Brooklyn Heights
Ricky’s invades the old Heights Books space on Montague Street for Halloween and this giant pumpkin marks the spot.
Report: Old Heights Books Spot Soon to be Ricky’s Halloween Store
BHB contributor/author/Brooklyn Heights resident/Celine Dion’s #1 fan/Vanilla Ice expert Chuck Taylor dispatched this missive to us tonight: I noticed on the way home today that the Heights Books space is being prepped for a new opening and asked the workers what was coming. They told me that Ricky’s next door is opening a temp Halloween […]
- Art and Tag Sale by DAZLART, Sat and Sun, 10 – 6 pm, Clark And Hicks Sts.
- Open Streets Montague Returns Tomorrow
- Happy Friday! Follow Brooklyn Heights Blog on Instagram @brooklynheightsblog
- Subway Service Alerts: Brooklyn Heights and Nearby
- Happy Pride Month! Celebrate With These Events In And Around Brooklyn Heights
Buy all your favorite AMAZON products via the BHB Store. Click here to get started.
- Subway Service Alerts: Brooklyn Heights and Nearby June 2, 2023
- Happy Friday! Follow Brooklyn Heights Blog on Instagram @brooklynheightsblog June 2, 2023
- Open Streets Montague Returns Tomorrow June 2, 2023
- Art and Tag Sale by DAZLART, Sat and Sun, 10 – 6 pm, Clark And Hicks Sts. June 2, 2023