Today was a scorcher; tomorrow and Monday look to be more of the same, until the predicted high falls to a “balmy” eighty two on Tuesday. [Update: it didn’t.] If you or someone you know is in need of relief, the city has opened “cooling centers” in all five boroughs. The nearest to here is Wyckoff Gardens, at 280 Wyckoff Street, between Nevins Street and Third Avenue. Know someone in another part of the city who may need relief? There’s a cooling center finder here.
Hot Enough For You? City Opens Cooling Centers
Connect with BHB
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Juneteenth Celebration at Cadman Plaza Park Saturday
- “Celebrate Summer” at Pierrepont Playground Wednesday
- Fourth of July Fireworks Back, but Not Easily Visible from Brooklyn Heights
- Grace Chorale of Brooklyn and Apollo Chorus of Chicago Present Premiere On-Line Performance of “Epitaph for Eugene Williams” Sunday Evening
- Brass Bands Festival in Brooklyn Bridge Park Sunday
- Fourth of July Fireworks Back, but Not Easily Visible from Brooklyn Heights June 12, 2021
- “Celebrate Summer” at Pierrepont Playground Wednesday June 12, 2021
- Juneteenth Celebration at Cadman Plaza Park Saturday June 13, 2021
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.