Today was a pleasant day, and your correspondent decided to take some needed “solitary exercise.” Properly masked and gloved, and carefully maintaining social distance, I walked the length of the Promenade, continued down Columbia Heights to Brooklyn Bridge Park, then back up and home. On the way, I saw that the “non-bouncy” replacement of the pedestrian bridge connecting Squibb Park and Brooklyn Bridge Park, which had been naked pylons the last time I saw it, now has reached what appears to be a state of near completion, at least of the upper portion (see my photo). The recently announced ban on non-essential construction will likely bring further work to a stop for an indefinite time, but at least we know the bridge hasn’t been abandoned.
“Bouncy Bridge” Replacement Appears Near Completion
Connect with BHB
- Aarti, Hindu Lamp Ceremony, at Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday
- “Night Out” Presented by 84th Precinct Community Council Tuesday
- Three Public Art Installations at Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Movies With A View + Smorgasburg! Every Thursday in August at Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Fireworks Tonight to Celebrate 70% Vaccination Rate – Tuesday 6/15 at 9:15 p.m.
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Nick Balaban Sings and Plays at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Thursday July 31, 2021
- Aarti, Hindu Lamp Ceremony, at Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday August 1, 2021
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.