The Eagle’s Mary Frost reports that the panel studying options for the Brooklyn Queens Expressway has issued its first report. It has begun studying the various proposals as well as existing structural conditions and traffic flows, and is meeting with potentially affected or interested agencies as well as community groups. The Panel’s chairman, Carlo Scissura, said “[h]e anticipates that the panel will issue a report in the fall that will address what can be built and establish guidelines for the construction.” The panel has a page on the city Department of Transportation Website that invites public comments; those concerned may also call Mr. Scissura’s office at 212-213-2434.
First Word From BQE Panel; Website Available
Connect with BHB
- Christoph Niemann, Brooklyn Heights and Berlin Artist, Has Gallery Opening in DUMBO Thursday Evening
- Repast Baroque Ensemble Presents “Telemann: the Faithful Music Master” Saturday Afternoon
- A Murder is Announced—in March
- Brooklyn Art Song Society Presents “February House” at First Unitarian Friday Evening
- Heather Wolf Presents “Warbler Wednesday” at Estuary; Bird Walk in Brooklyn Bridge Park Saturday
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.