The Eagle’s Mary Frost reports that the panel studying options for the Brooklyn Queens Expressway has issued its first report. It has begun studying the various proposals as well as existing structural conditions and traffic flows, and is meeting with potentially affected or interested agencies as well as community groups. The Panel’s chairman, Carlo Scissura, said “[h]e anticipates that the panel will issue a report in the fall that will address what can be built and establish guidelines for the construction.” The panel has a page on the city Department of Transportation Website that invites public comments; those concerned may also call Mr. Scissura’s office at 212-213-2434.
First Word From BQE Panel; Website Available
Connect with BHB
- Vineapple’s Grand Reopening Today!
- Pastoring During a Pandemic: An Interview with Rev. Adriene Thorne of The First Presbyterian Church of Brooklyn
- A Day to Celebrate: Scenes from Day 1 of Phase 2 in Brooklyn Heights
- “Juneteenth Grove” Installed at Cadman Plaza Park as NYC Parks Declares Solidarity with Black Communities
- Coming at Brooklyn Historical Society
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.