Say goodbye to Long Island College Hospital, and to availability of critical emergency care in our area. Today State Attorney General Eric Schneiderman and State Comptroller Thomas DiNapoli both approved the sale of LICH to developer Fortis Property Group, which will turn most of the property into luxury housing, and provide space for NYU Langone Medical Center and Lutheran Medical Center to operate what amounts to an urgent care center, capable of dealing only with less than critical medical conditions.
State Officials Approve LICH Sale to Fortis
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.