Book Court: In his newest collection of essays, David Sedaris remembers his father’s dinnertime attire (shirtsleeves and underpants), his first colonoscopy (remarkably pleasant), and the time he considered buying the skeleton of a murdered Pygmy. The common thread? Sedaris masterfully turns each essay into a love story: how it feels to be in a relationship where one loves and is loved over many years, what it means to be part of a family, and how it’s possible, through all of life’s absurdities, to grow to love oneself.
David Sedaris will be at Book Court Thursday (6/5)
Connect with BHB
- Coming Virtual Events from the Center for Brooklyn History
- Guardian Reviews “Not Another Second,” Photographic Show at Watermark About LGBTQ Seniors
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Don’t Miss “A Radio Christmas Carol” by Brooklyn Heights’ Own Theater 2020 Saturday, December 12
- Upcycling, China, And Art Unite at The Brooklyn Teacup
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.