All Along No Watchtower
Watchtower signs now gone, it looks like they’re really nearly almost gone. So the future of your immortal soul is now in your own hands. Its oddly the end of an era as well, as one Brownstoner commenter said, “NO! On my drive to work every day, who’ll remind me to ‘Read God’s Word the Holy Bible Daily’?!” All I know is, I won’t hear anyone ask for a “Watchtower discount” at the local restaurants anymore.The Jehovah’s Witnesses have been steadily moving out of town for several years, though the continued drop-in visits by would-be converters has had many asking, “Are they going or what?” Well, with the
Connect with BHB
- Opening of New Brooklyn Heights Public Library Delayed Until Summer ’21
- Zoom Chat with Brooklyn Heights Preservation Pioneers the Pearsalls and Preservation Advocate Anthony Wood Wednesday Afternoon
- Inside the Hotel Bossert with Montague BID
- Architects Ponder BQE Options
- Landmarks Approves Plan for Hotel at 186 Remsen
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.