BRIC Arts Media and the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy are co-sponsoring a series of three Celebrate Brooklyn! dance parties on Pier 1 the next three Thursday evenings, starting at 7:00 p.m. This Thursday, May 9, the featured act is New Orleans’ Big Sam’s Funky Nation (photo). The NYC Freedom’s DJs will warm things up. Next Thursday, May 16, is an Afro-Cuban dance party with Pedrito Martinez and DJ Nickodemus. The final party, on May 23, is an Old School & Hip-Hop extravaganza with Zapp Band and D-Nice. More details here.
Dance Parties at Brooklyn Bridge Park Start Thursday With New Orleans Funk
By Claude Scales on May 7, 2013 11:32 pm in Arts and Entertainment, brooklyn bridge park, Dance, Events, Music
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.