BRIC Arts Media and the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy are co-sponsoring a series of three Celebrate Brooklyn! dance parties on Pier 1 the next three Thursday evenings, starting at 7:00 p.m. This Thursday, May 9, the featured act is New Orleans’ Big Sam’s Funky Nation (photo). The NYC Freedom’s DJs will warm things up. Next Thursday, May 16, is an Afro-Cuban dance party with Pedrito Martinez and DJ Nickodemus. The final party, on May 23, is an Old School & Hip-Hop extravaganza with Zapp Band and D-Nice. More details here.
Dance Parties at Brooklyn Bridge Park Start Thursday With New Orleans Funk
By Claude Scales on May 7, 2013 11:32 pm in Arts and Entertainment, brooklyn bridge park, Dance, Events, Music
Connect with BHB
- Haves and Have Nots: Elite Brooklyn Private Schools Rake in Millions in Federal Paycheck Aid-DOE Budgets Slashed
- DeBlasio Announces Hybrid Back-To-School Plans For September
- Artist, Philanthropist, Carousel Namesake, Jane Walentas Dies at 76
- Clark Street Elevator Repairs on Hold; MTA to do Borough Hall First
- New Section of Brooklyn Bridge Park Opens
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.