Opponents of Two Trees’ Dock Street DUMBO project will be gathering this Sunday (1/11) at Washington and Prospect Streets at 10:30 AM to voice their dismay at the proposed 18 story building near the Brooklyn Bridge. CB2 will vote on the project next Wednesday.
The group has sent out a one-sheet [PDF] which reads:
Two Trees Management wants to build an 18-story (over 200 feet high!) residential tower at Dock Street in DUMBO. It will permanently block views of and from the Brooklyn Bridge – a National Historic Landmark and one of the world’s most beloved icons.
- Let’s make sure our Community Board and local political leaders know:
- The Brooklyn Bridge is too precious to sacrifice for a developer’s profit.
- The proposed Dock Street tower is too tall, inappropriate and out of context for this location.
- We want a green building, affordable housing, and a middle school in a building no higher
than the roadway of the Brooklyn Bridge. These benefits do not require an 18-story tower!
- Our Kids Deserve a School without Sacrificing the Brooklyn Bridge
For more information – www.dumbo-dna.org
Rally Sponsors: DUMBO Neighborhood Association (email@example.com)
Fulton Ferry Landing Association (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Brooklyn Heights Association (718-858-9193), Vinegar Hill Neighborhood Association