This just in from Jane Walentas: The horses are fine! The wooden Carousel & horses as well as the building, are all fine. Unfortunately, the basement that houses all the electronics was totally flooded, with 5 feet of water. As soon as we can pump it out we’ll assess the damage. We’re optimistic that the Carousel will be fine, but it will probably take some time to get it fully restored to happily prancing again.
Jane’s Carousel: Horses Are Fine, Basement Electronics Not So Much
Connect with BHB
- NYC DOT Engineer Says Keeping Traffic Off Brooklyn Heights Streets High Priority
- Court Gives Go-Ahead to Pier Six Towers
- Pier Six Towers Update: Developers Busy Building and Advertising Despite No Court Decision
- Brooklyn Historical Society Opens “Waterfront” Exhibition, Presents Three Programs This Week
- “Chip In” and Recycle Your Christmas Tree
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.