The City Council today passed a “home rule message” asking the State Legislature to pass enabling legislation allowing the City to issue residential parking permits. In an earlier post, which has now been corrected, I had incorrectly reported that it passed the Council yesterday; it had just passed the Committee on State and Federal Legislation. Now that it has passed the full Council, it will go to Albany, which, if Senator Marty Golden has his way (see post linked immediately above), will live up to its name as “the place where good ideas go to die.”
City Council Passes “Home Rule Message” on Residential Parking Permits
Connect with BHB
- Cuomo Counsel: Ask and You Shall Receive Design/Build for BQE
- NYC DOT Engineer Says Keeping Traffic Off Brooklyn Heights Streets High Priority
- BQE Reconstruction & “Design/Build” is Focus of Brooklyn Heights Association’s Annual Meeting This Wednesday
- What’s Holding Up Approval Of Design/Build For The BQE?
- City to Designate Ten Parking Spots in the Heights to Rideshare Vehicles
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.