The critically acclaimed documentary film Battle for Brooklyn will return to the Heights Cinema, Henry and Orange streets, this Wednesday, July 6, to begin a one week run every evening starting at 7:15. At the first two showings, this Wednesday and Thursday, the filmmakers, Mike Galinsky and Suki Hawley, along with Daniel Goldstein, who led the protest against use of eminent domain for the Atlantic Yards project, will be present after the screening for discussion. More about the film here. (Double click on the image to enlarge.)
Battle for Brooklyn Returns to Heights Cinema
By Claude Scales on July 4, 2011 12:33 pm in Arts and Entertainment, Development, movies, Other Brooklyn, Real Estate
Connect with BHB
- The King of Staten Island Has a Brooklyn Heights Connection
- Brooklyn Historical Society Provides On Line Brain Food at Lunchtime
- Zoom Chat with Brooklyn Heights Preservation Pioneers the Pearsalls and Preservation Advocate Anthony Wood Wednesday Afternoon
- Promenade’s Montague Street Entrance Being Cleared
- Brooklyn Women’s Exchange Taking Orders For Crafted Items; Offering Resources for Mask Making
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.