Karl takes his cam to the residence of Phillip Wilentz, known to all of us as “nabeguy” (and to Homer as our uber-poster) who, with his wife and daughter, will soon be moving to the further reaches of Long Island. Along with nabeguy’s reflections on his 54 years of life in Brooklyn Heights, and some conversation with fellow long-time Heights residents Martin and Rona Schneider, we also see some historic Heights photos. Video after the jump.
Mr. J’s Tribute to Nabeguy
Connect with BHB
- New Staten Island Ferry Named for Dorothy Day, Brooklyn Heights Native
- Peter Kendall Clark’s “Songs From The Ledge” Moves To Montague St.
- Of Addresses Renumbered and Other Curiosities of Brooklyn Heights History
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Brooklyn Heights Association’s Survey for the Future of Montague Street
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.