The art deco Purchase Building, which Brownstoner says was “hung out to dry” by the Landmarks Preservation Commission is in the process of being demolished to make way for Brooklyn Bridge Park. We caught a glimpse of its soon to be gone ruins on Sunday.
Purchase Building Pwn3d
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.