If you thought you were truly in helicopter hell this morning, you were only partly right. Most of the racket was being made by a pair of V-22 Osprey tilt-rotor aircraft (we’ve seen these before) that were circling the area and occasionally touching down at the Downtown Heliport. This was part of the Fleet Week events. Your correspondent got a video of one from the Promenade. Meanwhile, Karl took his cam to Battery Park yesterday morning and caught the parade of ships entering the Hudson, and some planes flying over. Two videos after the jump.
Return of the Ospreys, and Mr. J. Views the Parade of Ships
Connect with BHB
- Helicopter Noise Complaints on the Rise
- Public Programs and Exhibit at Center for Brooklyn History, formerly Brooklyn Historical Society
- Halloween Is Not Totally Cancelled in Brooklyn Heights!
- Theater 2020 Presents “Masque of the Red Death” On Line for Halloween
- “Orange is the New Black” Author Piper Kerman Featured at Last “Books Under the Bridge” Virtual Event Monday
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.