The Brooklyn Eagle reports today that Juan Duntugan has been convicted by a court in the Phillipines of the murder of former Heights resident Julia Campbell . Campbell was living overseas while working as a volunteer for the U.S. Peace Corps. Duntugan had confessed to killing Campbell with a rock after she bumped into him while hiking.
Conviction in Murder of Brooklyn Heights Woman
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.