Looking in the sky tonight from everywhere else but Brooklyn Heights, folks will be seeing a closer, brighter “supermoon” for the first time in 18 years. But if you’re in Brooklyn Heights tonight is the night of Cosmo’s Moon as seen in 1987’s Moonstruck. As you know, the film centered around a fictional family living at 19 Cranberry Street. The drama unfolds under a full moon – one so big and bright that it reminds the patriarch of the film, Cosmo (
JoeVincent Gardenia), of the one in the sky the night he proposed to his wife (Olympia Dukakis).
Moonstruck: In Brooklyn Heights, it’s Cosmo’s Moon Tonight
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.