Smoke Forces Evacuation of 66 Montague

Today, residents of 66 Montague Street were, as one of them put it, enjoying a relaxing Sunday morning, reading the paper and drinking coffee, when the lights flickered and smoke started to infiltrate the building. The fire department was summoned and the building was evacuated until the smoke could be cleared out. According to fire officers on the scene, the cause was a defective cable connecting the building to the Con Ed distribution system.

Share this Story:

, ,

Comments are closed.