We didn’t need the BHB Decibel Meter to notice that on July 23rd, the audio at the The Big Lebowski screening was very low in comparison to that of Monsters vs Aliens the week before. The high volume of that event rattled windows and nerves in the North Heights and many residents complained. That prompted the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy to issue a statement promising to manage the volume of the screenings at Pier 1. So far, so good. Kudos to the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy for keeping their word to manage the noise.
Brooklyn Paper on Movie Noise: Not So Bad Now
Connect with BHB
- For $25 You Can Stand on a Freezing Roof Sipping a Cocktail from a Glass Carved from Ice
- Court Street Regal Cinema Movie Theater CLOSED
- Dance and Donate a Coat at Cadman Park! Park(a) Party on Sun, 12/19, 1:00 pm
- Promenade Tree Lighting Wednesday; Celebrate After at Brooklyn Women’s Exchange
- The Mystery Noise Of Pineapple Walk — Solved!
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.