Sunday night, around 7:45 pm, the skies over Brooklyn Heights lit up with fireworks celebrating the end of the Deepavali Festival held at the South Street Seaport. The yearly event was expected to draw 100,000 people according to reports, making it the biggest Diwali celebration in the world. The Hindu holiday, is known as the "Festival of Lights" and is dedicated to the triumph of good over evil.
Indian Festival Lights Up Brooklyn Heights
Connect with BHB
- Alternate Side Parking Suspended Tomorrow
- Grace Church Names Rev. Dr. Allen F. Robinson its New Rector
- Deadline for Kindergarten Applications this Friday; Pre-K Application Process Starts February 5
- Musical Interfaith Services at BHS and First Presbyterian to Celebrate MLK Jr. Weekend
- NYC Schools Open Tomorrow; Alternate Side Rules Suspended Through Saturday
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.