Park Progress: Twenty Ninth Report
North end, Pier 1, Tuesday, September 22, 2009. North end, Pier 1, Tuesday, October 6, 2009. More topsoil has been spread, and the riverside esplanade has been paved. More photos, text, and a video follow the jump. South end, Pier 1, Tuesday, September 22. South end, Pier 1, Tuesday, October 6. Close-up, south end, Pier 1, Tuesday, October 6. Removal of the south end of the pier deck continues. Tuesday, October 6. The soon-to-be-transplanted forest near the foot of Pier 2 is beginning to show some autumnal color. Pier 6, Tuesday, September 22. Pier 6, Tuesday, October 6. To appreciate what’s going on here, you need to see Karl Junkersfeld’s video:
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.