From the Brooklyn Heights Association:
May 1, 10:30 AM | Pierrepont Playground
Building on the success of last year’s inaugural event we are bringing our day of service back – this year bigger and better!
The BHA is offering you a few different ways to support our community, along with other Brooklynites in need. Here are some of the ways you can get involved:
Donate gently used children’s supplies
From 10:30am to 12:30pm on Sunday May 1st at Pierrepont Playground, the BHA will be hosting a book drive for the Brooklyn Book Bodega. Bring us your gently used and new books for ages 0-18 including foreign language, dual language, and nonfiction books. Please no religious, textbooks, activity books, encyclopedias, broken, or missing pages books. Here is a list of popular book requests. If you would like to volunteer to help us sort and organize the books as they come in please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
We will also be collecting children’s items for Little Essentials which offers at-risk families living in poverty urgently needed children’s supplies and parenting education to promote the health, wellbeing and safety of their children under five years of age.
We can accept:
• Diapers (opened packs are okay).
• Wipes, diaper cream, baby body wash (unopened).
• New/unopened infant hygiene items like shampoo, soap, etc.
• Spring/Summer Clothing and shoes (size newborn to 5 years) – we cannot accept off-season clothing.
• Pack ‘n plays and bassinets.
• Car seats – infant, toddler, booster (click here to review waiver) sanitized/no crumbs or stains.
• Baby carriers and slings.
• Strollers – single and double (no jogging strollers; sanitized/no crumbs or stains; snap and go strollers must come with car seat).
• Ikea and Fresh Direct bags – new/used bags needed for transporting items to the families we serve.
• Paper towels (unopened) and rubber bands.
Please keep in mind all items should be new or very gently used.