This Saturday evening, August 5 at 8:00 the String Orchestra of Brooklyn will present a summer concert at St. Ann & the Holy Trinity Church. On the program are Mozart’s Symphony Number 41, “Jupiter” and Barber’s “Knoxville: Summer of 1915,” his musical adaptation of James Agee’s prose poem of the same title, featuring the soprano Kristina Bachrach (photo). Admission is a suggested donation of $15, but no one will be turned away. There’s more information here.
String Orchestra of Brooklyn Presents Summer Concert at St. Ann’s This Saturday
By Claude Scales on July 31, 2017 11:10 pm in 11201, Arts and Entertainment, Brooklyn Heights, Music
Connect with BHB
- Montague Street Businesses Show the Love with Instagram Contest, Giveaways
- Theater 2020 Presents Into the Woods at St. Francis February 21 – March 17
- Incident At Clark Street And Columbia Heights This Afternoon
- Brooklyn Only Foods Opens on Henry St. (With a Speakeasy Entrance to As Of Now Gallery)
- Levin: “[T]here Has to be a Better Way” for BQE Repair
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.