The cover of this week’s New Yorker magazine is a sketch of a lively basketball game being played on the Pier Two courts in Brooklyn Bridge Park, with the lower Manhattan skyline in the background. As Françoise Mouly reports, it was made by Brooklyn Heights resident Jorge Colombo, using his iPad. Colombo is quoted as calling the park “one of my favorite places to hang out.”
Heights Resident Puts Brooklyn Bridge Park’s Pier 2 on New Yorker Cover
By Claude Scales on May 23, 2017 11:32 pm in 11201, Arts and Entertainment, brooklyn bridge park, Visual Arts
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.