This coming Memorial Day Weekend will feature the customary visit of U.S. Navy ships to Brooklyn. The Ticonderoga class guided missile cruisers Monterey (CG 61; photo) and San Jacinto (CG 56) will be docked at the Red Hook Cruise Ship Terminal and will be open for tours this Thursday, May 25 through Monday, May 29. Our friends at PortSide New York have kindly given us details on what hours the ships will be open for tours, what you should or shouldn’t wear (e.g. no high heels), what you can’t bring on board (e.g. knives), and, most importantly, how to get there. It’s all here.
Fleet Week This Coming Weekend
Connect with BHB
- Alternate Side Parking Suspended Tomorrow
- Grace Church Names Rev. Dr. Allen F. Robinson its New Rector
- Deadline for Kindergarten Applications this Friday; Pre-K Application Process Starts February 5
- Musical Interfaith Services at BHS and First Presbyterian to Celebrate MLK Jr. Weekend
- NYC Schools Open Tomorrow; Alternate Side Rules Suspended Through Saturday
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.