Brooklyn Eagle: Anxious eyes are looking for green buds on the honey locust trees and other plants along the south end of the Promenade. Leaves were turned brown last summer by a windblown salty spray from a towering manmade waterfall on the nearby East River’s edge. Also damaged were trees near the River Café at Fulton Ferry Landing by spray from a similar waterfall cascading beneath the Brooklyn Bridge.
Eagle: Folks Fidget Over Fate of Foliage
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.