A few days ago I heard reports that the interior layout of the Garden Of Eden store, on Montague between Clinton and Court, had been changed, with the fresh meat, poultry, and fish offerings reduced greatly in size, replaced by much more extensive offerings of ready-made meals. Then a neighbor pointed out the awning, proclaiming the new name, “Fresh Start”. Evidently the owners, either old or new, think the local market is more oriented toward convenience than toward the joys of cooking.
Farewell Garden Of Eden, Hello Fresh Start
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.