The Eagle reports that the Brooklyn Heights Association has joined with Save The View Now as plaintiff in a new lawsuit against the Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation, the City of New York, and Pierhouse developer Toll Brothers. The suit is based on a survey, commissioned by STVN, that is said to show a portion of the southern part of the Pierhouse complex encroaching on the protected view plane from the Brooklyn Heights Promenade. STVN took the results of the survey to the City’s Department of Buildings, which declined to take any action. The suit asks the court to order Toll Brothers to halt construction of the portion of the Pierhouse that is alleged to interfere with the view plane, and to remove any part that does so interfere.
BHA, STVN Join in New Pierhouse Lawsuit
By Claude Scales on December 6, 2015 12:40 pm in brooklyn bridge park, Development, Legal, News, Real Estate
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.