I remember some years ago reading someone’s prediction that the price Brooklyn Heights would pay for being a designated historic district is that it would eventually be “walled around by high-rises.” Brownstoner reports that developer Midtown Equities has acquired the property at 205 Montague Street, near the corner of Cadman Plaza West and spanning the block to Pierrepont. They have also acquired air rights that would allow them to build up to 700 feet. A rendering of the structure they could build using the maximum of those air rights, courtesy of Brownstoner, is shown above.
Super High-Rise Coming to Montague?
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.