I remember some years ago reading someone’s prediction that the price Brooklyn Heights would pay for being a designated historic district is that it would eventually be “walled around by high-rises.” Brownstoner reports that developer Midtown Equities has acquired the property at 205 Montague Street, near the corner of Cadman Plaza West and spanning the block to Pierrepont. They have also acquired air rights that would allow them to build up to 700 feet. A rendering of the structure they could build using the maximum of those air rights, courtesy of Brownstoner, is shown above.
Super High-Rise Coming to Montague?
Connect with BHB
- Montague Street Businesses Show the Love with Instagram Contest, Giveaways
- Theater 2020 Presents Into the Woods at St. Francis February 21 – March 17
- Incident At Clark Street And Columbia Heights This Afternoon
- Brooklyn Only Foods Opens on Henry St. (With a Speakeasy Entrance to As Of Now Gallery)
- Levin: “[T]here Has to be a Better Way” for BQE Repair
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.