Joyce Carol Oates, winner of a National Book Award and author of We Were the Mulvaneys, Blonde, and The Accursed, will read from her new collection of short fiction, Lovely, Dark, Deep, this Friday evening, October 10 starting at 7:00, at St. Francis College, 180 Remsen Street. The stories have been described as ” display[ing]…Oates’s astonishing ability to make visceral the fear, hurt, and uncertainty that lurks at the edges of ordinary lives.” There will be time for audience questions and answers, and the author will sign her books, which will be available for purchase. The event, which is sponsored by BookCourt, is free.
Award Winning Author Joyce Carol Oates at St. Francis Friday Evening
Connect with BHB
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
- Community Board 2 Executive Director Perris Resigns
- Work Has Begun on Emily Roebling Plaza, Final Portion of Brooklyn Bridge Park
- Don’t Miss “A Radio Christmas Carol” by Brooklyn Heights’ Own Theater 2020 Saturday, December 12
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.