This Saturday, July 26, from 11:00 a.m. until some time in the afternoon when the trees all get pruned, it’s apple tree pruning time at the Poplar Street Community Garden, at Hicks and Poplar streets. Come by and lend a hand; if you haven’t done it before, there will be experienced pruners there to show you how and lend you the proper equipment. Bring sturdy gloves if you have them; if not, there may be some spares you can borrow. If you’re lucky, you may get a spare apple or two to take home. Or, if you’re of the “Work fascinates me, I can watch it for hours” persuasion, you’re welcome to come, see the garden, and watch the pruning.
Apple Tree Pruning Time at Poplar Street Community Garden
Connect with BHB
- Open Thread Wednesday
- Subway Service Alerts: Brooklyn Heights and Vicinity
- Car Crashes Into Lamp Post on Montague St. – Pedestrians Spared, The Lamp Post Not So Much
- Cuomo Counsel: Ask and You Shall Receive Design/Build for BQE
- NYC DOT Engineer Says Keeping Traffic Off Brooklyn Heights Streets High Priority
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.