This Saturday, July 26, from 11:00 a.m. until some time in the afternoon when the trees all get pruned, it’s apple tree pruning time at the Poplar Street Community Garden, at Hicks and Poplar streets. Come by and lend a hand; if you haven’t done it before, there will be experienced pruners there to show you how and lend you the proper equipment. Bring sturdy gloves if you have them; if not, there may be some spares you can borrow. If you’re lucky, you may get a spare apple or two to take home. Or, if you’re of the “Work fascinates me, I can watch it for hours” persuasion, you’re welcome to come, see the garden, and watch the pruning.
Apple Tree Pruning Time at Poplar Street Community Garden
Connect with BHB
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Juneteenth Celebration at Cadman Plaza Park Saturday
- “Celebrate Summer” at Pierrepont Playground Wednesday
- Fourth of July Fireworks Back, but Not Easily Visible from Brooklyn Heights
- Grace Chorale of Brooklyn and Apollo Chorus of Chicago Present Premiere On-Line Performance of “Epitaph for Eugene Williams” Sunday Evening
- Brass Bands Festival in Brooklyn Bridge Park Sunday
- Fourth of July Fireworks Back, but Not Easily Visible from Brooklyn Heights June 12, 2021
- “Celebrate Summer” at Pierrepont Playground Wednesday June 12, 2021
- Juneteenth Celebration at Cadman Plaza Park Saturday June 13, 2021
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.