This Saturday, July 26, from 11:00 a.m. until some time in the afternoon when the trees all get pruned, it’s apple tree pruning time at the Poplar Street Community Garden, at Hicks and Poplar streets. Come by and lend a hand; if you haven’t done it before, there will be experienced pruners there to show you how and lend you the proper equipment. Bring sturdy gloves if you have them; if not, there may be some spares you can borrow. If you’re lucky, you may get a spare apple or two to take home. Or, if you’re of the “Work fascinates me, I can watch it for hours” persuasion, you’re welcome to come, see the garden, and watch the pruning.
Apple Tree Pruning Time at Poplar Street Community Garden
Connect with BHB
- Montague Street Businesses Show the Love with Instagram Contest, Giveaways
- Theater 2020 Presents Into the Woods at St. Francis February 21 – March 17
- Incident At Clark Street And Columbia Heights This Afternoon
- Brooklyn Only Foods Opens on Henry St. (With a Speakeasy Entrance to As Of Now Gallery)
- Levin: “[T]here Has to be a Better Way” for BQE Repair
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.