We’ve seen lots of weddings on Pier 1 in Brooklyn Bridge Park, but a reader has sent us photos of a young couple (we don’t know their names; the photos were originally published on the blog Memorabella) going through the delightful process of becoming engaged there. More photos and text after the jump.The young man took the old school approach, dropping on one knee, despite the damp pavement, to present his plea.She said “Yes!” (We’re guessing she wasn’t completely surprised.)She put on the ring.They walked away, into what we hope will be a long and happy life together.
Popping the Question in Brooklyn Bridge Park
Connect with BHB
- NYC DOT Engineer Says Keeping Traffic Off Brooklyn Heights Streets High Priority
- Court Gives Go-Ahead to Pier Six Towers
- Pier Six Towers Update: Developers Busy Building and Advertising Despite No Court Decision
- Brooklyn Historical Society Opens “Waterfront” Exhibition, Presents Three Programs This Week
- “Chip In” and Recycle Your Christmas Tree
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
- Open Thread Wednesday March 20, 2018
- Gun In Schools Vs. Neighborhood Noise March 20, 2018
- Public Schools Closed Tomorrow March 20, 2018
- Bargemusic This Weekend March 21, 2018
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.