The classical pianist Rowena Mariano (photo) will give a free preview of some of the music she will play in May at the Weill Recital Hall of Carnegie Hall at the St. Francis College Founders Hall, 182 Remsen Street, on Wednesday, March 19 starting at 11:45 a.m. She will play Beethoven’s Piano Sonata in F Minor, Opus 57, “Appassionata”; Ravel’s Jeux d’eau; and Liszt’s Vallee d’Obermann. She has previously performed as a soloist or in chamber music groups at various venues in New York City, including the Weill Recital Hall, Alice Tully Hall, and the Merkin Concert Hall, and elsewhere in the U.S., Austria, Germany, and Switzerland. Her Brooklyn Heights performance is open to the public free of charge and is sponsored by The Wednesday Music Club, a local group that was founded in 1882 to foster an appreciation of fine music.
Free Recital Wednesday, March 19 by Classical Pianist Rowena Mariano
Connect with BHB
- Brooklyn Heights Braves the Chill to Dine Out and Support Local Restaurants
- Long Line for Covid-19 Vaccine Leads to Hope for More Time with Grandkids
- Center for Brooklyn History Presents Discussion on Authoritarianism Wednesday
- Donate to St. Ann’s Pop-Up Pantry to Help Those in Need
- Watermark to Host Exhibit Honoring LGTBQ Seniors
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.