The Uplands (land) section of Brooklyn Bridge Park in front of Piers 3 and 4 has opened for public use. It features a series of bike and pedestrian paths from the Pier 5 BBQ area to the existing pathway at Pier 2, grassy lawns (sadly closed until Spring to allow for further growth) a granite plaza overlooking the future Pier 3 lawn and a sound attenuating berm which muffles the sound of the BQE enough to hear the waves from the East River lapping at the shore. A future addition will be a “pebble beach” and boat launch adjacent to the water. Music, entertainment and children’s activities are being provided through 1 PM, and a tour will be held at 12 noon.
Brooklyn Bridge Park Expansion At Piers 3 And 4 Opens
Connect with BHB
- National Night Out Against Crime – Tues., Aug. 7, 4:30 pm at Pier 5
- BHB Stalwart Andrew Porter Sounds Off About Helicopter Noise
- Is a Bistricer/Chetrit Feud Behind Lack of Progress on the Bossert?
- Party at Rocco & Jezebel to Honor Hillary Demetropoulos’ Life – Saturday, August 18, 2018 at 1:00 pm
- Should Hardhats be Required at Borough Hall Subway Station?
Advertise on BHB
Support independent hyperlocal news written by neighbors for neighbors. Advertise with us. Rates and info available here.
If you have a Brooklyn Heights news tip let us know. Click here to send us an e-mail.