The Brooklyn Eagle rounds up comments from neighbors and laundry owners regarding the state of the sudsy biz after a fire destroyed the Brooklyn Heights Laundromat on February 1. The saddest news of it all:
Brooklyn Eagle: After Fire..: George Tu, owner of the burned-out laundry at 132 Montague Street, seems unlikely to be able to repair his business. His lease expired two years ago and landlord Peter Frank has refused to agree to a new lease. Tu was still awaiting a fire marshal and insurance adjuster to assess the cause and cost of his major loss. Without a lease Tu probably would not be able to arrange a bank loan for rebuilding.